"MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, ENGINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains propulsion engines and other engines and engine parts aboard ship: Examines engine equipment, such as pumps, circulators, condensers, and steering engines to locate malfunctions, and dismantles and repairs defective equipment, using handtools and power tools.
- 2) Makes engine replacement parts, such as slide valves, stay rods, and bolts, using metalworking machinery.
- 3) Stands engineroom watch during specified periods, observing gauges to determine that operating conditions, such as temperatures, steam pressure, water and oil levels, and revolutions per minute are within specified ranges.
- 4) Adjusts controls to maintain specified operating conditions.
- 5) Records gauge readings in engineering log.
- 6) Must be licensed by U.
Is being a "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, ENGINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, ENGINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, ENGINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, ENGINE"
Job Number: 6180