Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates variety of machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures: Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- 2) Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
- 3) Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces, using such measuring and marking devices as calibrated ruler, micrometer, caliper, and scriber.
- 4) Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- 5) Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- 6) May weld parts, using arc or gas welding equipment.
- 7) May repair or replace faulty wiring, switches, or relays.
Is being a "MAINTENANCE MACHINIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAINTENANCE MACHINIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAINTENANCE MACHINIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAINTENANCE MACHINIST"
Job Number: 6173