Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in constructing, maintaining, and repairing gas mains and in servicing pipes from mains to customer's premises: Marks work order diagram to indicate location of installations.
- 2) Measures distances with tape and marks pavement or earth to indicate location of pipes requiring repairs, referring to work order diagram or map of mains and services.
- 3) Inspects work in progress and directs workers to test pipes for leaks.
- 4) May direct workers engaged in installation of meters and regulators to establish initial service for customer.
- 5) May direct workers engaged in installing bonding, insulation, and counter-current generators to protect pipes against electrolytic corrosion.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) May be designated according to activity as Leak-Gang Supervisor; Service-Crew Supervisor.
Is being a "MAINS-AND-SERVICE SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAINS-AND-SERVICE SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAINS-AND-SERVICE SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAINS-AND-SERVICE SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 6166