Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sorts incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail: Opens envelopes by hand or machine.
- 2) Stamps date and time of receipt on incoming mail.
- 3) Sorts mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
- 4) Readdresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address.
- 5) Examines outgoing mail for appearance and seals envelopes by hand or machine.
- 6) Stamps outgoing mail by hand or with postage meter.
- 7) May fold letters or circulars and insert in envelopes.
- 8) May be designated according to type of mail handled as Mail Clerk, Bills.
Is being a "MAIL CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAIL CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAIL CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAIL CLERK"
Job Number: 6157