Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Opens and inspects incoming and outgoing correspondence and packages to ensure compliance with prison security rules: Reads incoming and outgoing correspondence of prisoners with adjustment problems or suspected of forbidden activities, such as planning escapes or attempting to contact confederates outside prison.
- 2) Removes money mailed to prisoners, prepares receipt, and forwards to security office for safekeeping.
- 3) Impounds contraband articles, such as weapons and drugs, and notifies proper authorities of rules violations.
- 4) Returns to sender, articles prisoners are forbidden to possess.
- 5) May evaluate content of incoming correspondence, conferring with psychiatric staff to protect inmate against information considered injurious to prisoner's emotional welfare or adjustment.
Is being a "MAIL CENSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAIL CENSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAIL CENSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAIL CENSOR"
Job Number: 6156