Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that wind magnetic tape into reels or cassette hubs for use in communication and control equipment, instruments, and computers: Positions tape supply reels or cassette hubs on letoff and windup spindles of tape winding machines.
- 2) Loops tape from supply reels through machine guides and into blank reels or hubs.
- 3) Turns knob of footage counter devices that automatically cut tape and stop machines when specified length of tape has been wound into blank reels or hubs.
- 4) Pushes switches to start individual machines and removes wound reels or hubs when machines stop.
- 5) Scrapes detected surface defects from tape with knife.
- 6) Splices tape ends together to form continuous loops in cassettes, using bench splicer.
- 7) Inserts filled and blank hubs into cassettes and attaches covers.
- 8) Packs reels and cassettes into containers and labels containers for shipment.
Is being a "MAGNETIC-TAPE WINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAGNETIC-TAPE WINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAGNETIC-TAPE WINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAGNETIC-TAPE WINDER"
Job Number: 6151