Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Adjudicates civil cases in which damages do not exceed prescribed maximum established by state law, and minor misdemeanor cases not involving penitentiary sentences or fines in excess of maximum amount allowed to be levied under state law.
- 2) Conducts preliminary hearings in felony cases to determine whether there is reasonable and probable cause to hold defendant for further proceedings or trial by superior court.
- 3) May perform wedding ceremonies.
- 4) May perform duties at night and be designated Night-Court Magistrate.
- 5) May adjudicate cases involving motor vehicle laws and be designated Traffic-Court Magistrate.
Is being a "MAGISTRATE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAGISTRATE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAGISTRATE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAGISTRATE"
Job Number: 6149