Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends saddle-stitching machine to repair salvable magazines, comic books, or catalogs in bindery: Picks up book from supply on worktable, opens book, and places book in tentlike position over fixture of wire-stitching machine.
- 2) Examines book to determine location of missing stitch, and positions book under stitching head.
- 3) Depresses pedal to start machine and insert missing stitch.
- 4) Stacks stitched book on worktable for removal.
- 5) Examines wrinkled, creased, or dog-eared pages and cover sheets and separates sheets judged to be salvable and discards remainder of sheets.
- 6) Rolls and bends sheets and smooths with hands and fingers to remove wrinkles and creases.
- 7) Folds repaired sheets by hand and stacks sheets to be returned to binding machines.
- 8) Keeps daily production records.
Is being a "MAGAZINE REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MAGAZINE REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MAGAZINE REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MAGAZINE REPAIRER"
Job Number: 6146