Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates variety of woodworking machines to surface, cut, and shape lumber, and to fabricate parts for wood products, such as doors, door and window frames, furniture, and sashes, according to specifications: Selects, installs, and adjusts saw blades, cutterheads, boring bits, and sanding belts in respective machines, using handtools and rule.
- 2) Starts machine and makes trial cut.
- 3) Operates machines to saw.
- 4) Periodically verifies dimensions of parts for adherence to specifications, using gauges and templates.
- 5) May assemble fabricated parts to make millwork products, such as doors, sashes, and door and window frames.
- 6) May sharpen machine cutting heads, using handtools and grinder.
- 7) May be designated according to products as Door Maker; Frame Maker; Sash Maker.
Is being a "MACHINIST, WOOD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINIST, WOOD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINIST, WOOD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINIST, WOOD"
Job Number: 6144