Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs ship machinery, such as propelling machinery, auxiliary motors, pumps, ventilating equipment, and steering gear, working from blueprints and using handtools, calipers, and micrometers.
- 2) Lays out passage holes on bulkheads, decks, and other surfaces for connections, such as shafting and steam lines.
- 3) Installs below-deck auxiliaries, such as evaporators, stills, heaters, pumps, condensers, and boilers and connects them to steampipe systems.
- 4) Tests and inspects installed machinery and equipment during dock and sea trials.
- 5) May set up and operate such machine shop tools as lathe, boring mill, planer, shaper, slotter, and milling machine to fabricate replacement parts.
Is being a "MACHINIST, OUTSIDE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINIST, OUTSIDE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINIST, OUTSIDE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINIST, OUTSIDE"
Job Number: 6143