"MACHINIST, MARINE ENGINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs gasoline and diesel engines in boats, such as yachts, tugs, and trawlers, following specifications: Positions engine over mounting holes, using chain hoist.
- 2) Bolts engine to mount and straps fuel tank to cradle, using handtools.
- 3) Connects fuel, oil, and waterlines to engine.
- 4) Installs engine controls, propeller shaft, and propeller.
- 5) Attaches test instruments, such as tachometer and voltmeter to engine.
- 6) Starts engine and records operating data, such as revolutions per minute, and voltage output.
- 7) Disassembles defective engines and repairs or replaces damaged parts, using handtools.
Is being a "MACHINIST, MARINE ENGINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINIST, MARINE ENGINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINIST, MARINE ENGINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINIST, MARINE ENGINE"
Job Number: 6141