Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate tools, mechanisms, and machines for experimental purposes, such as solving problems relative to materials, tools, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, product specifications, and fabrication methods for production process, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures: Consults with engineer and other personnel regarding product information, such as design, capacity and purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate product.
- 2) Analyzes written specifications, drawings, rough sketches, and verbal instructions to plan layout and determine sequence of operations.
- 3) Selects metal stock and lays out design according to dimensions computed from scale drawings.
- 4) Tests experimental models under simulated operating conditions for such purposes as development, standardization, and feasibility of design.
- 5) Installs parts and materials, such as sheet metal covering, hydraulic systems, electrical wiring, lubricants, and batteries into machines and mechanisms.
- 6) Evaluates experimental procedures and recommends changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- 7) May establish work procedures for fabricating new structural products, using variety of metalworking machines.
- 8) May fabricate molds and power press dies to produce plastic parts and stamp metal parts.
- 9) May perform heat-treating and heliarc welding.
- 10) May train workers in setup and operation of machine tools.
Is being a "MACHINIST, EXPERIMENTAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINIST, EXPERIMENTAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINIST, EXPERIMENTAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINIST, EXPERIMENTAL"
Job Number: 6139