"MACHINE TRY-OUT SETTER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up prototype metalworking machines, such as lathe, milling machine, or forging press to verify conformance to operating specifications, according to knowledge of inspection and machining techniques, tools and processes: Examines electrical components, such as electrical timers, relays, and switches, to ensure adequate functioning of automatic cycles.
- 2) Compares rotary table indexing, when present, to specifications.
- 3) Inspects fixture alignment, machine table movement, and position of cutting tools, using instruments, such as dial indicators, height setting devices and gauges.
- 4) Installs dies or tool holders and tools, following blueprints, and using handtools and measuring instruments.
- 5) Sets controls to regulate speed of feed, depth of cut, or length of ram stroke, according to type of machine being tested.
- 6) Operates machine to obtain sample workpiece.
- 7) Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, and gauges.
- 8) Determines cause of malfunction from inspection data.
- 9) Repairs electrical and mechanical components and reports electronic malfunction to supervisor.
- 10) Records operational data, such as pressure readings, length of stroke, feeds, and speeds, for customer use.
- 11) May demonstrate setup and operation for customer personnel.
- 12) May be designated according to type of machine as Honing-Machine Try-Out Setter.
Is being a "MACHINE TRY-OUT SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINE TRY-OUT SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINE TRY-OUT SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINE TRY-OUT SETTER"
Job Number: 6115