"MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, PAPER GOODS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and adjusts machines that convert, saw, corrugate, band, wrap, box, stitch, form, or seal paper or paperboard sheets into products, such as toilet tissue, towels, napkins, bags, envelopes, tubing, cartons, wax rolls, and containers, according to specifications, by any combination of following tasks: Adjusts rolls, guides, and chutes to accommodate type of paper or paperboard fed from parent rolls or flat stock from automatic feedracks, using handtools.
- 2) Measures, spaces, and sets saw blades, cutters, and perforators, according to product specifications, using rule, thumbscrews, and wrenches.
- 3) Installs printing attachment to machine and makes adjustment for clarity of print.
- 4) Threads wire through stitching head and synchronizes speed for spacing stitches.
- 5) Installs or resets cutting dies according to work orders, using handtools.
- 6) Operates machine for test run to verify adjustments and observes functioning of machine parts, such as gauges, elevator, belts, slip clutches, oil injectors, glue feeders, and electrical devices.
- 7) Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- 8) May be designated according to type of machine adjusted as Bag-Machine Set-Up Operator; Gluing-Machine Adjuster; Stitcher Set-Up Operator, Automatic.
Is being a "MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, PAPER GOODS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, PAPER GOODS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, PAPER GOODS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR, PAPER GOODS"
Job Number: 6111