"MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment, such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system, following blueprints and specifications and using handtools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments: Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- 2) Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area, using handtools and power tools.
- 3) Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- 4) Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, using handtools and power tools, and following blueprints, diagrams, and service manuals.
- 5) Realigns and adjusts components, such as spindles and clutches, using handtools and following diagrams.
- 6) Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- 7) Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- 8) Repairs broken parts, using brazing, soldering, and welding equipment and handtools.
- 9) May modify computer-controlled motion of robot, applying knowledge of program commands and using robot controller and teach pendant.
- 10) May set up and operate metalworking tools, such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- 11) May assist MECHANICAL ENGINEER to modify sketches or computer-generated designs of machine components, such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism, applying knowledge of shop mathematics, hydraulics, and mechanics, and using computer keyboard and software programs.
- 12) May work as part of team including such workers as ELECTRICIAN, MAINTENANCE ; MILLWRIGHT ; PIPE FITTER ; TOOL MAKER.
- 13) May be designated according to type of machine repaired as Broaching-Machine Repairer; Centerless-Grinding-Machine Adjuster; Screw-Machine Adjuster, Automatic; Screw-Machine Repairer.
Is being a "MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE"
Job Number: 6102