"MACHINE-MADE-SHOE UNIT WORKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks, as member of crew of rotating machine on which plastic soles are molded onto presewn fabric uppers to form low top sport shoes: Holds nozzle of hose to sprue hole of mold and squeezes release on hose handle to fill space between mold and lasted shoe with liquid plastic.
- 2) Releases lever to stop flow when plastic oozes from toe end of mold into catch pan.
- 3) Passes insole between rollers to coat underside with latex cement and places it on tray of machine station to partially dry as it is carried one rotation around machine.
- 4) Brushes sole inside molded shoe with latex cement for bonding with insole and sets on machine tray to dry.
- 5) Pulls excess plastic from around molded sole, using pliers.
- 6) Digs and removes plastic plug from sprue hole and excess deposit from toe pan, using pliers.
- 7) Removes previously cemented insole and molded shoe from machine trays, inserts insole in shoe, and places shoe on adjacent table for pressing insole.
- 8) Selects pair of right and left lasts according to size and style shoe being processed and sets on pins in machine table.
- 9) Places shoes on lasts and pushes knobs to lower padded rams that press insoles into shoes.
- 10) Removes shoes as rams automatically retract after preset time and pushes them along table.
- 11) Examines shoes for such defects as loose stitching and off center or incomplete molding, and throws them into tote boxes, according to size and acceptance or rejection.
- 12) Verifies color of shoe with color specified on box label.
- 13) Removes smudges, using cloth moistened with naphtha or benzine.
Is being a "MACHINE-MADE-SHOE UNIT WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINE-MADE-SHOE UNIT WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINE-MADE-SHOE UNIT WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINE-MADE-SHOE UNIT WORKER"
Job Number: 6120