Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fits and assembles components according to assembly blueprints, manuals, engineering memos, sketches, and knowledge of machine construction to construct, rebuild, and repair machines and equipment, using handtools and power tools: Analyzes assembly blueprint and specifications manual, and plans machine building operations.
- 2) Verifies conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- 3) Lays out hole locations and drills and taps holes on parts for assembly.
- 4) Aligns components for assembly, manually or with hoist, and bolts, screws, dowels, welds, or rivets parts together, using handtools, rivet gun, and welding equipment, or arranges for assembly by welder and electrician.
- 5) Brushes blue pigment on parts and mates them to detect high spots on surfaces.
- 6) Removes high spots, and smooths surfaces, using chisels, scrapers, files, and powered hand grinder.
- 7) May be designated according to type of machine or machine component as Fixture Builder.
Is being a "MACHINE BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINE BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINE BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINE BUILDER"
Job Number: 6085