Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles machines, equipment, and their subassemblies, such as baling presses, stokers, blowers, compression pumps, and food wrapping machines, according to customer's needs, following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications: Plans assembly procedures, following specifications and using knowledge gained by experience.
- 2) Removes small quantities of metal, using hand files or portable grinders, to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts.
- 3) Drills, taps, or reams holes, using drill press or portable drill.
- 4) Aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together, using handtools or portable powered tools.
- 5) Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement.
- 6) May bend and install pipe for hydraulic systems.
- 7) May align and mesh gears in gearbox to assemble system of gears.
- 8) May test or assist in testing operation of completed product.
Is being a "MACHINE ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MACHINE ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MACHINE ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MACHINE ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 6084