Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends heated kettle and filter press in which lye is treated with chemicals to remove undesirable properties in glycerine purification process: Starts pump to transfer premeasured lye into kettle, starts agitator to mix batch, and turns steam valve to heat kettle to prescribed temperature.
- 2) Dumps specified amounts of dry chemicals or pumps liquid chemicals into kettle to attain product of specified concentration.
- 3) Inspects batch sample for clarity and submits sample laboratory for testing.
- 4) Regulates chemical concentration of batch, following laboratory report.
- 5) Pumps batch through filter press to remove materials precipitated during treatment.
- 6) Cleans filter press and replaces filter cloths, using handtools.
- 7) Records kettle temperature, agitation and treating time, and amount of chemicals used in process.
Is being a "LYE TREATER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LYE TREATER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LYE TREATER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LYE TREATER"
Job Number: 6081