Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sorts lumber or veneer according to grade markings and size: Removes boards from sorting table, handtruck, or conveyor and stacks in piles or places boards in rack or on conveyor, according to grade marking, length, or use of boards.
- 2) Gauges length of boards by sight, by marks on sorting table, or by measuring with rule.
- 3) May remove defective lumber from conveyor and stack lumber according to grade, length, species, and color.
- 4) May hand stamp grade markings on boards or stack of lumber.
- 5) May be designated according to sorting equipment used as Racker.
Is being a "LUMBER SORTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LUMBER SORTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LUMBER SORTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LUMBER SORTER"
Job Number: 6074