Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Stacks lumber on kiln cars, in yard, or in shed to dry or store, performing any combination of following tasks: Places lumber piece by piece in layers, leaving space between edges of adjacent pieces.
- 2) Places sticks between layers as stack rises to permit circulation of air and bind stack together.
- 3) Stands on ground and hands lumber to another worker on top of stack.
- 4) Positions timbers on kiln car, ground, or shed floor to build foundation for lumber stacks.
- 5) Places blocks against wheels of loaded kiln car in dry kiln to prevent movement of car.
- 6) Unloads lumber from stacks or kiln cars.
- 7) Places lumber, veneer, or plywood on conveyor for further processing.
- 8) Loads and unloads stacking machine, working in teamwork with other workers.
- 9) May stack bundles of laths or barrel staves.
- 10) May attach identity card to stacks of lumber and record number of stacks by species for supervisor.
- 11) May carry materials, such as lumber, mortar mix, and nails to sales counter or load materials onto delivery trucks.
- 12) May be designated according to purpose of stacking as Kiln Stacker.
Is being a "LUMBER HANDLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LUMBER HANDLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LUMBER HANDLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LUMBER HANDLER"
Job Number: 6072