Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up, adjusts, and repairs looms to weave cloth of specified quality and design, using knowledge of loom function and weaving, diagrams, and manuals: Inspects loom or woven cloth to determine adjustments or repairs needed.
- 2) Repairs or replaces defective parts, such as harness straps and shuttles, and adjusts tension and timing of parts, using handtools.
- 3) Levels and aligns parts, such as shuttle boxes, race plates, and reeds, to prevent excessive wear, using straightedge, level, and square.
- 4) May change setup of loom to weave different pattern or different type yarn.
- 5) May be designated according to type of loom serviced as Dobby-Loom Fixer; Jacquard-Loom Fixer; Narrow-Fabric-Loom Fixer; Rapier-Insertion Loom Fixer; Water-Jet Loom Fixer.
Is being a "LOOM FIXER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOOM FIXER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOOM FIXER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOOM FIXER"
Job Number: 6050