Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Estimates marketable content of logs or pulpwood: Measures dimensions of each log or entire loads of pulpwood, using scale stick, tape measure, or other measuring device.
- 2) Determines total board feet, cordage, or other wood unit, using conversion table.
- 3) Inspects logs or pulpwood for rot, knots, and other defects, deducts estimated waste from total volume, and records results.
- 4) May identify logs of substandard or special grade for return to shipper or transfer to other processes.
- 5) May weigh log trucks before and after unloading, and record weight data and supplier.
- 6) May tend conveyor chain that moves logs to and from scaling station.
- 7) May be designated according to work location as Deck Scaler; Landing Scaler; Pond Scaler; or item scaled as Pulpwood Scaler.
Is being a "LOG SCALER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOG SCALER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOG SCALER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOG SCALER"
Job Number: 6032