Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to transfer logs and peeler blocks from pond, trucks, or conveyor to log deck, barken deck, or lathe deck: Rolls logs from trucks or conveyor to deck, using peavy, or transfers peeler blocks from pond to barken deck, using electric hoist and conveyor.
- 2) Arranges logs on deck for feeding logs to saws or positions blocks at lathe or barken deck, using conveyor.
- 3) Marks center of blocks for lathe chucks, using scale.
- 4) May attach hoist hooks to blocks and position block between lathe chucks.
- 5) May move levers to activate mechanism that kicks logs from conveyor to deck.
- 6) May use ax or pick to remove undesirable material from bark, such as stones or nails.
Is being a "LOG ROLLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOG ROLLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOG ROLLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOG ROLLER"
Job Number: 6031