"LOG LOADER HELPER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Loads logs onto trucks or railroad cars, performing any combination of following tasks: Hand signals directions for hoisting of trailer from truck chassis and positioning of truck for loading.
- 2) Connects brake and electrical lines and trailer to truck.
- 3) Positions railcars for loading, using power winch, pinchbar, and car hand brakes.
- 4) Secures tongs, slings, or other attachment to log, guides loading of logs by hand and using hand signals, and releases attachments.
- 5) Trims protruding limbs and knots, using ax and chain saw.
- 6) Marks log with specified symbols, using paint spray can or branding hammer.
- 7) Secures load with chains, cables, or steel straps.
- 8) May roll logs up ramp and position logs on truck, using peavey or cant hook.
- 9) May be designated according to type of loading equipment involved as Jammer Operator Helper; Grapple Operator Helper; or work location as Loader Helper, Sorting Yard.
Is being a "LOG LOADER HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOG LOADER HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOG LOADER HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOG LOADER HELPER"
Job Number: 6027