Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Grades logs in sorting yard, millpond, or log deck according to industry or company standards: Measures diameter and length of log, using scale stick, steel tape, or other measuring aid, and determines total volume, using conversion table.
- 2) Jabs log with metal end of scale stick and inspects log to ascertain conditions or defects, such as sound or water-soaked wood, splits, broken ends, rotten areas, twists, and curves.
- 3) Evaluates log's characteristics and determines grade according to established criteria.
- 4) Paints identification mark of specified color on log to identify grade and species, using paint spray can, or calls out grade to LOG MARKER.
- 5) Estimates and deducts volume of waste wood from total volume, and records volume by grade in tally book.
Is being a "LOG GRADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOG GRADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOG GRADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOG GRADER"
Job Number: 6024