Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates trailer-mounted grapple-loader and chipping machine to reduce logs and logging waste to wood chips: Controls loading boom and power-grapple attachment to pick up logs and place them on feed conveyor.
- 2) Adjusts speed and opening of feed rolls according to log diameter, and activates feed rolls that pushes log through chipper unit.
- 3) Monitors gauges and adjusts speed and opening of feed rolls to prevent equipment strain.
- 4) Replaces defective chipping knives, using wrenches and feeler gauges.
- 5) May control opening of debarking spuds that remove bark from log before chipping.
Is being a "LOG-CHIPPER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOG-CHIPPER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOG-CHIPPER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOG-CHIPPER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6035