Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates crane that travels on railroad tracks to lift and move objects: Starts gasoline or diesel engine.
- 2) Pushes pedals and pulls levers to move, control speed, and stop crane, turn crane boom, and raise or lower cables attached to load.
- 3) Inspects and compares weight of load with lifting capacity of crane to ensure against overloading crane.
- 4) Moves controls to move and position load by sight or at direction of LABORER, HOISTING.
- 5) Inspects cables and grappling devices for wear.
- 6) May install or replace cables.
- 7) May perform maintenance tasks, such as oiling machine.
- 8) May direct helpers engaged in placing blocking and outrigging under crane when lifting loads.
- 9) May operate crane in which hoisting mechanism is pneumatically powered.
- 10) May be designated by type of power unit as Diesel-Locomotive-Crane Operator; Electric-Locomotive-Crane Operator; Gasoline-Locomotive-Crane Operator.
Is being a "LOCOMOTIVE-CRANE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOCOMOTIVE-CRANE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOCOMOTIVE-CRANE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOCOMOTIVE-CRANE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6019