"LOCK TENDER, CHIEF OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of LOCK OPERATOR to open locks and dams on canal for vessels requiring passage: Assigns to LOCK OPERATOR tasks of mooring boats awaiting passage through canal, raising or lowering water level, opening and closing gates and valves of locks and dams, operating navigation lights and traffic signals, and compiling records of vessels using canal, and of weather and water conditions.
- 2) Determines which of two locks to use according to needs of traffic.
- 3) Controls and operates gas, steam, and hydroelectric generating units.
- 4) Installs mechanical and electrical equipment.
- 5) Repairs lock machinery motors, generators, power lines, and other electrical equipment.
- 6) Operates machinery to open and close locks.
- 7) Reports needed repairs to lock maintenance department.
- 8) May observe craft approaching locks to determine size and speed of vessel and issues instructions to vessel operator violating canal regulations.
Is being a "LOCK TENDER, CHIEF OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOCK TENDER, CHIEF OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOCK TENDER, CHIEF OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOCK TENDER, CHIEF OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6006