Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Contacts and confers with members of legislature and other holders of public office to persuade them to support legislation favorable to client's interest: Studies proposed legislation to determine possible effect on interest of client, who may be person, specific group, or general public.
- 2) Confers with legislators and officials to emphasize supposed weaknesses or merits of specific bills to influence passage, defeat, or amendment of measure, or introduction of legislation more favorable to client's interests.
- 3) Contacts individuals and groups having similar interests in order to encourage them also to contact legislators and present views.
- 4) Prepares news releases and informational pamphlets and conducts news conferences in order to state client's views and to inform public of features of proposed legislation considered desirable or undesirable.
- 5) Plans and coordinates meetings between members and elected officials to discuss legislative issues and proposals and allow officials to respond to membership concerns.
- 6) May contact regulatory agencies and testify at public hearings to enlist support for client's interests.
- 7) May be legally required to register with governmental authorities as lobbyist and to submit reports of regulated expenditures incurred during lobbying activities.
- 8) May attend and represent local organization at state and national association meetings.
- 9) May instruct individuals or organization members in lobbying techniques.
Is being a "LOBBYIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOBBYIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOBBYIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOBBYIST"
Job Number: 5998