Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up series of machines to load platefuls of small arms cartridges with powder and bullets: Changes setting screws on eccentric arm of shakers to adjust length of stroke of shaker table according to caliber and style of cartridge and bullet processed.
- 2) Installs powder volume plate in loading unit and inserts blocks of punches and collets in presses to seat and crimp bullets, using handtools.
- 3) Turns setscrews, stop nuts, and turnbuckles to adjust, by trial and error, side guides, backstops, conveyor fingers, and stroke of press gates, using height gauges.
- 4) Distributes plates to each work station according to work requirements.
- 5) Empties powder from volume plate into tray and weighs it, dividing by number of cartridges in plate to determine if total load and average per cartridge are within weights specified.
- 6) Changes volume plate for one with larger or smaller cavities until total and average loads meet specifications.
- 7) Observes unit in operation to detect malfunctioning.
- 8) Starts machine to load plate of cartridges and sends samples to ballistics laboratory for approval before releasing unit to operating crew.
Is being a "LOADING-UNIT TOOL-SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOADING-UNIT TOOL-SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOADING-UNIT TOOL-SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOADING-UNIT TOOL-SETTER"
Job Number: 5994