Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Pumps liquid chemicals, liquid petroleum products, and other liquids into or from tank cars, trucks, or barges: Verifies tank car numbers with loading instructions to ensure accurate placement of cars by crew.
- 2) Connects ground cable to carry off static electricity.
- 3) Removes and replaces or gives directions to another worker to remove and replace dome caps, using wrenches.
- 4) Inspects interior for cleanliness and exterior for leaks or damage.
- 5) Swings loading spout over dome and turns valve to admit liquids to tank.
- 6) Lowers gauge rod into tank or reads meter to verify specified volume of liquids loaded.
- 7) Lowers sample bottle into tank for laboratory testing.
- 8) Copies load specification on placard and tacks placard to tank.
- 9) Seals outlet valves on car.
- 10) When unloading cars, connects hose to outlet plugs on cars and attaches special dome, using wrenches.
- 11) Starts pumps or turns valves to admit compressed air into tank car and force liquids into storage tanks.
- 12) May test sample for specific gravity, using hydrometer, and record reading on loading slip.
- 13) May clean interior of tank cars or tank trucks, using mechanical spray nozzle.
- 14) May inspect rupture disc, vacuum relief valve, rubber gaskets on valves and cover plates, and replace defective parts, using wrenches.
- 15) May pump nitrogen or compressed air into car to test for leaks.
- 16) May be designated according to material loaded and unloaded as Acid Loader; Caustic Loader; Fats And Oils Loader.
Is being a "LOADER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOADER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOADER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOADER I"
Job Number: 5979