Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates activities of personnel engaged in operating generating stations, substations, and lines of electric power system or electrified railway system to ensure adequate production and distribution of electricity to meet power demands: In smaller system, calculates load estimates according to corrected weather and consumer-demand records and notifies SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR at generating stations of electric power required to meet fluctuating demands; or in larger systems receives load schedule for various generating stations from POWER-PLANT OPERATOR.
- 2) Monitors control board showing operating condition of lines and equipment throughout system and makes adjustments or directs workers to make adjustments as conditions warrant.
- 3) Directs SUBSTATION OPERATOR and other workers to deenergize malfunctioning circuits or adjusts switches to ensure safety of maintenance crew and avoid interruptions of service during repairs.
- 4) Notifies maintenance crew of location and deenergization of troubled sector, and verifies that workers are clear of repaired equipment before directing energization of circuit.
- 5) Contacts other utilities by telephone to arrange exchange of power according to existing contracts or in emergency and coordinates tie-in with other systems.
- 6) Compiles operational records.
- 7) May operate console of computer which is programmed to automatically perform load-control functions.
- 8) May calculate discharge rate of water in reservoirs utilizing reports of rain, river flow, and water level in reservoirs, and directs setting of watergates at hydroelectric plant to coordinate water flow and power generation with irrigation and flood control requirements.
- 9) May compute bills for power delivered to interconnected utilities.
- 10) May be responsible for section of system and be designated Load Dispatcher, Local.
Is being a "LOAD DISPATCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LOAD DISPATCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LOAD DISPATCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LOAD DISPATCHER"
Job Number: 5975