Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of the following tasks to bed, feed, water, load, weigh, mark, and segregate livestock: Feeds grains, hay, and prepared feed and waters livestock according to schedule.
- 2) Opens gates and drives livestock to scales, pens, trucks, railcars, and holding and slaughtering areas according to instructions, using electric prod and whip.
- 3) Weighs animals and records weight.
- 4) Segregates animals according to weight, age, color, and physical condition.
- 5) Marks livestock to identify ownership and grade, using brands, tags, paint, or tattoos.
- 6) Cleans ramps, scales, trucks, railcars, and pens, using hose, fork, shovel, and rake.
- 7) Scatters new bedding material, such as sawdust and straw, in pens, railcars, and trucks.
- 8) May vaccinate, apply liniment, drench, isolate, and mark animals to effect disease control program.
- 9) May make routine repairs and perform general maintenance duties in stockyard.
Is being a "LIVESTOCK-YARD ATTENDANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIVESTOCK-YARD ATTENDANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIVESTOCK-YARD ATTENDANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIVESTOCK-YARD ATTENDANT"
Job Number: 5973