Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to regauge, filter, rectify, blend, and verify proof of whiskeys and other distilled liquors, preparatory to bottling: Pumps specified number of gallons of whiskey and deionized water into regauging tanks and agitates mixture with compressed air to reduce proof of barreled whiskey.
- 2) Measures temperature, using thermometer, and specific gravity, using alcohol-proof hydrometer, and compares readings with tables from standard gauging manuals to determine proof of mixture.
- 3) Pumps regauged whiskey into cooling tank and opens valves to circulate cold water through coil pipes in tank to reduce whiskey to specified temperature before filtering.
- 4) Starts filter press to remove impurities from distilled liquor, and adjusts valves to control vacuum pressure in press and to regulate flow of liquor through press.
- 5) Observes dials and gauges to ascertain that temperature and pressure remain constant during filtering process.
- 6) Pumps different proofs of whiskeys into agitating tank, adds specified amount of deionized water, and agitates mixture to blend whiskeys.
- 7) Mixes flavorings and other ingredients, according to formula, into mixing tank with specified number of gallons of spirits, such as gin or vodka, and adjusts valves to control temperature and compressed air to produce brandies, cordials, and fortified beverages.
- 8) May specialize in one phase of processing and be designated according to duties performed as Rectifying Attendant; Whiskey Filterer; Whiskey-Proof Reader; Whiskey-Regauger.
Is being a "LIQUOR BLENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIQUOR BLENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIQUOR BLENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIQUOR BLENDER"
Job Number: 5962