Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates equipment that refines raw linseed oil for use in manufacture of paint, lacquers, white lead paste, and high-speed printing ink: Starts pump to transfer raw linseed oil from storage tank into refining tank, and starts agitator paddles.
- 2) Opens valve to drain settled tar and foreign matter from tank.
- 3) Opens tank steam valve to heat mixture.
- 4) Sprays hot water over oil with hose to neutralize acid and allows water to settle.
- 5) Opens valve to drain water from tank.
- 6) Starts agitator paddles and adds dry neutralizing ingredients, such as whiting compound, powdered magnesia, and common salt.
- 7) Observes material during refining process to determine if color and consistency meets standards, and removes sample for laboratory tests.
- 8) Opens valve to permit oil to flow into storage tank.
- 9) Sets thermostat and steam valve to maintain required temperature in storage tank.
Is being a "LINSEED-OIL REFINER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LINSEED-OIL REFINER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LINSEED-OIL REFINER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LINSEED-OIL REFINER"
Job Number: 5951