Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to cast complete lines of type from type metal and deposit them in galley in composed form for printing: Starts type-casting mechanism and adjusts marginal stops and gauge to regulate length and thickness of lines to be cast.
- 2) Reads copy and presses keys of keyboard to select matrices of letters from magazine which are assembled into words.
- 3) Moves lever to cast line and deposit it in galley when line is complete.
- 4) Transfers lines of type, with copy, to composing or bank table for making proof copy.
- 5) Sets new lines of type to correct errors as indicated on proofsheet.
- 6) Places pigs of metal on feed chain of melting pot to replenish supply.
Is being a "LINOTYPE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LINOTYPE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LINOTYPE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LINOTYPE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5950