Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Patrols oil and gas pipelines and communication systems on foot, horseback, or in automobile to locate and repair leaks, breaks, washouts, and damaged utility wires and poles: Inspects pipelines to detect evidence of leaks, such as oil stains, odors, and dead vegetation.
- 2) Repairs small leaks, using caulking tools, hammers, clamps, and wrenches.
- 3) Reports large leaks and washouts to district office.
- 4) Inspects telephone and telegraph wires to locate broken insulators, wires and fallen poles, and reports findings.
- 5) Inspects operation of automatic drip bleeder on gaslines to detect malfunctions, such as clogged valves, and adjusts or repairs valves, using handtools.
- 6) Installs and replaces warning signs along road and water crossings.
- 7) Prepares inspection reports.
Is being a "LINE WALKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LINE WALKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LINE WALKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LINE WALKER"
Job Number: 5916