Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs telephone and telegraph lines, poles, and related equipment, according to diagrams, and using electrician's handtools: Digs holes, using power auger or shovel, hoists poles upright in holes, using truck-mounted winch, and fills and tamps holes, using cement, earth, and tamping device.
- 2) Ascends poles or enters tunnels and sewers to cut in feeder lines, attach appliances, such as terminal boxes and repeaters, and repair or replace defective lines and auxiliary equipment.
- 3) Unreels and strings lines from pole to pole and from pole to building, installs hardware, such as conduits and insulators, and attaches appliances on lines.
- 4) Pulls lines through ducts by hand or with use of winch.
- 5) When assisting in installation and removal of plant equipment, such as callboxes and clocks, in city locations, may be designated Line Installer-Repairer, City.
- 6) When patrolling telephone lines between communities, may be designated Toll-Line Repairer.
- 7) When patrolling telephone or telegraph lines between two established points or in designated areas, may be designated Line Maintainer, Section.
Is being a "LINE INSTALLER-REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LINE INSTALLER-REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LINE INSTALLER-REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LINE INSTALLER-REPAIRER"
Job Number: 5909