Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Erects, maintains, and repairs wood poles and prefabricated light-duty metal towers, cable, and related equipment to construct transmission and distribution power lines used to conduct electrical energy between generating stations, substations, and consumers: Directs and assists GROUND HELPERS in attaching crossarms, insulators, lightning arresters, switches, wire conductors, and auxiliary equipment to poles preparatory to erection, as instructed by LINE SUPERVISOR, and assists in erection of poles or towers and adjustment of guy wires.
- 2) Climbs erected poles or towers and installs equipment, such as transformers, which are ordinarily installed after poles are erected.
- 3) Strings wire conductors between erected poles with assistance of GROUND HELPERS and adjusts slack in conductors to compensate for contraction and elongation of conductors due to temperature variations, using winch.
- 4) Splices, solders, and insulates conductors and related wiring to join sections of power line, and to connect transformers and electrical accessories.
- 5) May trim trees and brush prior to new construction, during repair of damaged lines, or as part of routine maintenance.
Is being a "LINE ERECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LINE ERECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LINE ERECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LINE ERECTOR"
Job Number: 5906