Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends kiln and mixing tanks to recover lime from lime sludge and produce slaked lime from recovered lime: Observes gauges and temperature charts on panel to detect variations in kiln temperature, amount of sludge in kiln, percentage of oxygen in kiln atmosphere, and rate that carbon dioxide is exhausted from kiln.
- 2) Turns rheostats to regulate amount of sludge fed into kiln according to capacity of kiln.
- 3) Adjusts dampers to maintain kiln at specified temperature.
- 4) Turns rheostats to regulate intake fans according to percentage of oxygen in kiln and exhaust fans according to rate that sludge decomposes into quicklime and carbon dioxide.
- 5) Starts conveyors to move quicklime from storage bins to dissolving tanks that automatically mix quicklime with water to form slaked lime.
Is being a "LIME-KILN OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIME-KILN OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIME-KILN OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIME-KILN OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5903