Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates hydraulic jacks to raise precast concrete floors and roof slabs into position: Directs HYDRAULIC-JACK ADJUSTERS engaged in erecting scaffolds, hoisting and installing hydraulic jacks on top of support columns, erecting lift rods, and fastening them to jack and support plates set in concrete slab.
- 2) Measures and marks grade lines on support columns.
- 3) Connects pump and jacks to control panel, and positions panel on slab so that jacks and grade marks may be observed during lifting.
- 4) Starts pump and moves levers and valves on control panel to regulate action of jacks.
- 5) Signals worker to verify grade with rule.
- 6) Adjusts control valves when slab has reached predetermined position.
- 7) Directs welding crew to weld supporting collars or brackets to column.
- 8) May drive truck, equipped with winch, to raise jacks to position on support columns, and to lift and remove equipment from slab.
Is being a "LIFT-SLAB OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIFT-SLAB OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIFT-SLAB OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIFT-SLAB OPERATOR"
Job Number: 5893