"LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides information service, such as answering questions regarding card catalogs, and assists public in use of bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress catalog: Performs routine descriptive cataloging, such as fiction and childrens literature.
- 2) Files cards in catalog drawers according to system used.
- 3) Answers routine inquiries, and refers persons requiring professional assistance to LIBRARIAN.
- 4) Verifies bibliographic information on order requests.
- 5) Directs activities of workers in maintenance of stacks or in section of department or division, such as ordering or receiving section of acquisitions department, card preparation activities in catalog department, or limited loan or reserve desk operation of circulation department.
Is being a "LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 5888