Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles records, sorts and shelves books, and issues and receives library materials, such as books, films, slides, and phonograph records: Records identifying data and due date on cards by hand or using photographic equipment to issue books to patrons.
- 2) Inspects returned books for damage, verifies due-date, and computes and receives overdue fines.
- 3) Reviews records to compile list of overdue books and issues overdue notices to borrowers.
- 4) Sorts books, publications, and other items according to classification code and returns them to shelves, files, or other designated storage area.
- 5) Locates books and publications for patrons.
- 6) Issues borrower's identification card according to established procedures.
- 7) Files cards in catalog drawers according to system.
- 8) Repairs books, using mending tape and paste and brush, and places plastic covers on new books.
- 9) Answers inquiries of nonprofessional nature on telephone and in person and refers persons requiring professional assistance to LIBRARIAN.
- 10) May type material cards or issue cards and duty schedules.
- 11) May be designated according to type of library as Bookmobile Clerk; Branch-Library Clerk; or according to assigned department as Library Clerk, Art Department.
Is being a "LIBRARY ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIBRARY ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIBRARY ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIBRARY ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 3773