Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains library collections of books, serial publications, documents, audiovisual, and other materials, and assists groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials: Furnishes information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services.
- 2) Explains and assists in use of reference sources, such as card or book catalog or book and periodical indexes to locate information.
- 3) Describes or demonstrates procedures for searching catalog files.
- 4) Searches catalog files and shelves to locate information.
- 5) Issues and receives materials for circulation or for use in library.
- 6) Assembles and arranges displays of books and other library materials.
- 7) Maintains reference and circulation materials.
- 8) Answers correspondence on special reference subjects.
- 9) May compile list of library materials according to subject or interests, using computer.
- 10) May select, order, catalog, and classify materials.
- 11) May prepare or assist in preparation of budget.
- 12) May plan and direct or carry out special projects involving library promotion and outreach activity and be designated Outreach Librarian.
- 13) May be designated according to specialized function as Circulation Librarian; Readers'-Advisory-Service Librarian; or Reference Librarian.
Is being a "LIBRARIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIBRARIAN"
Job Number: 5881