"LIBRARIAN, SPECIAL COLLECTIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Collects and organizes books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials on select subjects to be used for research: Organizes collections according to field of interest.
- 2) Examines reference works and consults specialists preparatory to selecting materials for collections.
- 3) Compiles bibliographies.
- 4) Appraises books, using references, such as bibliographies, book auction records, and special catalogs on incunabula.
- 5) Publishes papers and bibliographies on special collections to notify scholars of available materials.
- 6) Lectures on booklore, such as history of printing, bindings, and illuminations.
- 7) May plan and arrange displays for library exhibits.
- 8) May index and reproduce materials for sale to other libraries.
Is being a "LIBRARIAN, SPECIAL COLLECTIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LIBRARIAN, SPECIAL COLLECTIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LIBRARIAN, SPECIAL COLLECTIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LIBRARIAN, SPECIAL COLLECTIONS"
Job Number: 5882