"LENS MOUNTER II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mounts prescription eyeglass lenses in metal, plastic, or combination frames, using handtools: Examines eyeglass prescription to determine style, color, and size of frame.
- 2) Inspects lenses to detect flaws, such as pits, chips, and scratches.
- 3) Holds and turns lenses against grinding wheel to remove flaws.
- 4) Assembles eyeglass frame and attaches ornaments, shields, nose pads, and temple pieces, using pliers and screwdrivers.
- 5) Drills holes in lenses for mounting on rimless frames, using diamond drill.
- 6) Immerses plastic frame rims in hot salt solution to soften rims or stretches rims, using hot, metal cone.
- 7) Inserts and aligns lenses in frame.
- 8) Verifies frame dimensions and alignment of lenses, using protractor, ruler, and straightedge.
- 9) Turns lenses in frame to correct alignment, using padded pliers.
- 10) Immerses plastic frames in cold water to set plastic around lenses.
- 11) Tightens screws to hold lenses in metal frames.
- 12) Examines lenses under polarized light to detect stress caused by overtightening screws and adjusts screws as necessary.
- 13) Heats plastic frame bridge and bends frame according to prescription specifications, using fingers and handtools.
- 14) Immerses plastic frames in dye for specified period to color frames.
- 15) Solders broken metal bridges and replaces damaged temples to repair frames, using soldering iron and handtools.
- 16) Cleans and polishes finished eyeglasses, using cloth and solvent.
- 17) May be designated according to type frame mounted as Metal-Frame Inserter; Plastic-Frame Inserter; or according to part assembled as Trim Mounter II.
Is being a "LENS MOUNTER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LENS MOUNTER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LENS MOUNTER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LENS MOUNTER II"
Job Number: 5858