Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs one or more of following tasks to inspect glass and plastic lens blanks for defects: Removes paint and wax from blank with solvent and razor blade.
- 2) Rinses blank in water.
- 3) Examines surface and edges to detect defects, such as pits, scratches, and chips.
- 4) Inspects blanks with polariscope to detect annealing defects, such as bubbles, striae, fire cracks, or seal checks.
- 5) Marks defective blanks for rework or salvage, using crayon or pencil.
- 6) Sorts blanks by grade and type of defect.
- 7) Weighs lens blanks and records weight for determining shipping costs.
- 8) May pack blanks in cartons for shipping.
- 10) May assemble nonprecision optical element into mechanical housing.
Is being a "LENS EXAMINER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LENS EXAMINER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LENS EXAMINER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LENS EXAMINER"
Job Number: 5854