Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Softens leather shoe parts by one of following methods: Places shoe parts, by case lots, on rack and pushes rack into humidifier.
- 2) Turns valves to control heat and moisture in humidifier.
- 3) Records rack number and time or date of placement in humidifier.
- 4) Pushes rack of softened parts to other workers.
- 5) Dips bundles of welt strips into water and places bundles in humidifying room to maintain moisture in strips.
- 6) Places outsoles on rack, places rack on dipping frame, and lowers frame into trough of softener solution, using power hoist.
- 7) Pushes rack of softened outsoles into humidifying room.
- 8) Sprays softening solution on shoe parts, using spray gun.
- 9) Pulls shoe part along roller that applies softening solution to part.
- 10) Wipes flesh side of leather with dampened rag or sponge to maintain pliability.
- 11) May place sheets of fiberboard or leatherboard in softening solution, place softened board on skid, and cover stack of boards with plastic sheet to retain moisture.
- 12) May be designated according to part treated as Heel-Cover Softener; Sole Wetter; Upper Muller; Vamp Wetter; Welt Treater.
Is being a "LEATHER SOFTENER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LEATHER SOFTENER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LEATHER SOFTENER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LEATHER SOFTENER"
Job Number: 5844