Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends continuous oxide mill and auxiliary equipment that converts pig lead into lead oxide used in manufacture of storage battery paste: Ignites furnace burner and loads pig lead into kettle that automatically melts lead and pours molten lead into machine that shapes lead into balls and discharges balls into storage bin.
- 2) Rakes specified number of lead balls into mill that converts lead balls into lead oxide powder.
- 3) Observes temperature and weight gauges, and turns valve to add coolant to mill as needed.
- 4) Opens chute to release powder into barrel when milling is completed.
- 5) Weighs and tests powder to determine percentage of oxidation, using reagents, gram scale, and other testing equipment.
- 6) Reprocesses powder not meeting specifications.
- 7) Records test results and amount of lead oxide powder milled.
Is being a "LEAD-OXIDE-MILL TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "LEAD-OXIDE-MILL TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "LEAD-OXIDE-MILL TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "LEAD-OXIDE-MILL TENDER"
Job Number: 5822